Filed under: Action, Incarceration, Political Prisoners, US
Bro. Khalfani Malik Khaldun (aka Leonard McQuay, DOC # 874304), longtime political prisoner, and author of the Handbook on Surviving Solitary Confinement, has requested a call-in day (he’s spent at least 20 years in solitary). He was placed BACK in solitary for 6 MONTHS in January 2017 for an allegation of threatening to stab someone. He is requesting that a charge of refusing to provide an adequate urine sample be dropped, and that his appeal re: unauthorized property be granted and his property returned to him. He’s also requesting that all harassment against him cease, and that a transfer request be approved ASAP.
Call In Now:
Superintendent Richard Brown at (812) 398-5050 ext. 4101.
I am calling about Leonard McQuay, DOC # 874304. I am demanding that the charge of refusing to provide an adequate urine sample be dropped, and that his appeal re: unauthorized property be granted and his property returned to him. I am also demanding that all harassment against him cease, and that his transfer request be approved ASAP.
Link to the Handbook on Surviving Solitary: https://bostonanarchistblackcross.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/handbook-on-surviving-solitary-confinement_final.pdf
Here are the full details from his 1/24/2017 letter:
“These people are so unpredictable. They snatched me up again on Jan. 6, 2017. I am in solitary confinement after a bullshit allegation falsely reported. That I made threats to stab someone. This was pretext to get me out of General Population. The female Sgt Ledford went back to my cell to inventory my property. But the time she was done, she confiscated my flat screen TV, a TV remote control and 2 Islamic books. She filed 2 Class B conduct reports against me. Claiming my TV was altered due to a security sticker being broken. The remote control had my name and # plus someone else’s. It was given to me by staff to replace mines they lost.”
“She files a B & C unauthorized possession of personal property and property belonging to another. On Friday Jan 13, 2017, the Disciplinary board found me guilty and gave me 6 months segregation. That is an update on my struggle on the inside.”
“I’ve just completed the first stage of appeals and sent to the superintendent. I need you to have comrades set up a call-in protesting to Superintendent Richard Brown at (812) 398-5050 ext. 4101 the following:
- That case WVD 17-01-0013 refusing to provide an adequate urine sample has to be dismissed due to:
- (A) They denied Leonard McQuay (# 874304) statement of Ofc. Ewers the eye witness.
- (B) They denied him the requested copy of the preliminary results form
- (C) There is no bag-up statement supporting the allegations in the conduct report
- (D) The collector did not follow proper procedure pursuant to policy 01-02-107 Urinalysis Program.
- The appeal must be granted.
- The appeal re case WVD 17-01-0053 unauthorized possession of property (the remote control and flat screen) be granted:
- (A) The remote was given to him by staff for losing his and the TV was given to him by New Castle Prison Staff for smashing his TV
- (B) Grant this appeal by modifying it from B-215 to a C-353 and return the flat screen to him.
Request that all harassment conducted against Leonard McQuay cease. Recommend that the superintendent approve a transfer for Leonard McQuay ASAP.”