Filed under: Announcement, Event, Police, Queer, Southwest, Trans
Call from Gay Shame for a radical response to police presence at the annual Dyke March in San Francisco, California.
Join GAY SHAME at Dyke March to send the message that cops – the state’s front line enforcers of racism, homophobia, transphobia and more – are not welcome!
We’ll be meeting on the steps of Mission High in San Francisco, across from the Dolores Park tennis courts, at 4:30PM, in anticipation of the march which starts at 5pm. Bring: signs, friends, dates and rage!
Cops are NOT dykes, cops are…
- Stealing homeless people’s tents on the streets of SF
- Shooting Black and Brown people
- Shooting queer and disabled folks
- Locking people up in ICE cages
- Torturing people in the SF jail
- Harassing sex workers in the Mission and the Tenderloin
- Sexually harassing women in the back of their squad cars
PRISON ABOLITION NOT POLICES APOLOGIES COPS OUT OF THE DYKE MARCH COPS OUT OF EVERYWHERE
Accessibility: Our meeting spaces is about 4 blocks from the 16th street Bart, there are sidewalks and curb-cuts the whole way, but there will be lots of people out. Our action will meet on the side of the park, which will be loud and have thousands of people in it doing all kinds of things, including smoking. We will not move more 2 blocks.