Filed under: Anarchist Movement, Interviews, Radio/Podcast
We are excited to present the premiere episode of From Below Podcast on International Women’s Days from the Black Rose Anarchist Federation. This coming week we will be releasing introduction episode to meet our hosts Markie and Pedro.
For our first episode, released on International Women’s Day 2019, Markie and Pedro discuss two examples of anti-capitalist feminism. The discussion starts around the work of the Anti-Capitalist Feminist Coalition (ACFC) in Los Angeles with Markie speaking on her involvement and then interviewing Romina Green of Black Rose/Rosa Negra Los Angles on the background and roots of ACFC. Next is an interview and in-depth discussion with Alondra Carrillo of Santiago, Chile who is a vocera, or spokesperson, for the March 8 Feminist General Strike Coordination. Alondra is also a member of the libertarian communist organization, Solidaridad.
Be sure to subscribe and follow us on social media Facebook |Twitter so you don’t miss our upcoming episodes on the history of anarchism and the left in Puerto Rico and with Mark Bray, the author of Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook. Visit the website and you can receive email updates.
Related Links and Readings
- Anti-Capitalist Feminist Coalition, Los Angeles – Twitter Instagram
- Solidaridad, organization and publication in Chile
- Coordinadora Feminista 8M, Chile – Twitter
- Feminism for the 99%, A Manifesto by Cinzia Arruzza, Tithi Bhattacharya, and Nancy Fraser
- For background on some of the concepts discussed we recommend “A Feminist Movement To End Capitalism, Part I” by Bree Busk
- A condensed version of the same article was published with ROAR Magazine as “Chile’s feminists inspire a new era of social struggle“
- A follow up piece published for International Women’s Day is now available: “Chile’s feminist movement is here to stay“
148 total views, 2 views today