Filed under: Action, Announcement, Incarceration, Southwest
This report comes from Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity and Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee on a recent hunger strike started by inmates in the bay area of California.
PRISONERS UNITED in Alameda and Santa Clara County Jails are being deprived of their human and constitutional rights of due process and inflicted with cruel and unusual punishment, inhumane living conditions, and the torturous practice of solitary confinement.
day 4 of prisoners' hunger strike in Glenn Dyer Detention & Santa Rita Jail. use the script ? to tell Alameda County u support the strike. pic.twitter.com/WNwKpYbNNS
— julian francis park (@jfpark3) October 18, 2017
On October 15, 2017, PRISONERS UNITED in Glenn Dyer Detention Center courageously lead the way in a Hunger Strike that will span across 2 counties and 4 jails. Santa Rita Jail, Santa Clara County Main Jail and Elmwood D.O.C. will continue the strike in solidarity on October 22.
Alameda County Sheriff Administration: (510) 272-6878
— SF Bay View (@sfbayview) October 17, 2017
- End Indefinite Solitary Confinement/Administrative Segregation.
- End Subjective Grievance Practices.
- End Abuse of Discretion to Lockdown Unstructured Programming (Time Out of Cell).
- End Insufficient and Unsanitary Clothing.
- End Insufficient Food and Starvation for Indigent Prisoners.
Please spread the word!