Filed under: Interviews, Radio/Podcast, The State, US, Video
Solecast 34 is an interview with documentary film maker Sonia Kennebeck about her film National Bird. National Bird will be on PBS in the spring and will be released digitally mid-February. National Bird is a documentary about the impacts of drone warfare, as told by drone whistle blowers and survivors of the drone program.
In this interview we discuss:
- Security & legal precautions that were necessary to make such a film.
- The Experience of traveling to Afghanistan to interview Drone survivors.
- Her feminist approach to film making.
- The collaboration between the two of us on the song “National Bird” and its use in the documentary.
- The impact of the film & lessons learned.