Filed under: Featured, Interviews, Radio/Podcast, This is America
Welcome, to This Is America, October 31st, 2020.
On this episode, we feature an interview with Devin Burghart, the Executive Director for the Institute for Research & Education on Human Rights. We discuss the uptick of far-Right, neo-Nazi, and militia activity in the lead-up to the 2020 election and what to expect from far-Right formations at the polls and on the streets over the next few days. Burghart argues that these groups will be out and armed in various locations – and its up to us in our communities to not allow them to intimidate us.
As Trump continues to push for a coup in the face of mass voter turn-out, the far-Right is escalating calls for voter intimidation and outright violence against their enemies. Meanwhile, police, DHS + National Guard and being mobilized – against protests. https://t.co/gRVLImjxYD
— It's Going Down (@IGD_News) October 31, 2020
We then feature a discussion on Trump’s continued push for a coup, which appears will be based upon declaring mail-in ballots in various swing states to be invalid – with potentially the US supreme court being used to validate Trump’s bogus claims. We run through various scenarios and talk about the role of mass mobilization.
photo: Joseph Ngabo
It’s Going Down
If you value IGD as a revolutionary autonomous media resource in times of crisis and have the means, please sign up to support us monthly! Help autonomous revolutionary media grow into 2020!
- Sign up to become a monthly supporter here!
- Give us a one time donation here or through Bitcoin.
- Subscribe to our podcast, either by following our RSS feed or following IGD wherever you get your podcasts!
- Listen to us on the radio! We’re on Pacifica radio stations on Fridays at 12 PM PST (Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, Fresno, and Santa Cruz). On Saturday, 7pm, at 96.9. If you have a Pacifica station or community radio station in your area, encourage them to stream our show!
- Follow and share us on Twitter, Instagram, and Mastadon!
- Tell a friend about IGD!