Filed under: Anarchist Movement, Featured, Interviews, Radio/Podcast, This is America
Welcome, to This Is America, November 8th, 2019.
In this episode, we were lucky enough to speak to an organizer in New York about the explosion of anger on the streets of Brooklyn following weeks of high profile police shootings and brutality on mass transit, as well as ongoing campaigns such as #NoNewJails and #SwipeItForward. We discuss how this growing abolitionist organizing has informed the building anger in the streets as well as the legacy of broken windows policing, and connections between gentrification and counter-insurgency.
It’s out — 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
This is a city-wide and regional call by over 10 groups.
Stay tuned more details.
ALLL OUT NEW YORK ✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿🌱
— DecolonizeThisPlace (@decolonize_this) November 8, 2019
- November 1st – 11th: Debbie Bookchin Defend Rojava West Coast Tour. More info.
- November 9th: Boston Anarchist Bookfair (new location!). More info.
- November 9th: Rally to oppose Daughters of the Confederacy in Atlanta, GA. More info.
- November 9th: Rally Against neo-Nazis in Renton, WA. More info.
- November 13th: All Out Against Erdogan in Washington DC. More info.
- November 15th: Rally Against Patriot Front. Beaverton, WA. More info.
- November 16th: Rally to oppose far-Right anti-LGBT rally in Dallas, TX. More info.
- November 22nd: FTP March in Brooklyn, NY. More info.
- November 29th: Rally for No Fare. Seattle, WA. More info.
- November 30th – December 1st: Seattle Anarchist Bookfair. More info.
- December 14th: Humboldt Anarchist Bookfair. More info.