Filed under: Anti-fascist, This Week in Fascism
Welcome fellow antifascists!
This week we have a lot to cover. First we go over how the American Identity Movement and other ‘Groypers’ seem to be coming together under the banner of a new group, America First, which will hold a conference in DC in late February in an effort to reach out to younger, Trump supporting CPAC attendees. We then switch to covering news, a massive amount of new doxxes, how you can support antifascist prisoners, and a call to run the KKK out of Portland!
Let’s get it!
“America First” Seeks to Build Groyper Movement, White Nationalist Version of Turning Point USA, and will Host Conference in DC on February 28th
On Sunday, February 2nd, the American Identity Movement reported on their telegram account that a handful of “America First Patriots” had held banners for a short photo-opt at the Sacramento airport in Northern California. The banners called for an end to immigration, in an attempt to capitalize off of fears related to the spread of the coronavirus. While those rallying didn’t identify themselves with a group, the fact that they were being promoted by AmIM and referred to as “America First,” seems to signal that a new pan-Groyper organization is currently being branded in yet another attempt to distance white nationalists from white nationalism.
Yesterday white nationalists held a small rally at the airport. News broke via a Twitter handle out of D.C. promoting this vile activity occurring in our town.The neo Nazi group,American Identity Movement then posted that tweet on their Telegram. Members.. pic.twitter.com/YtJak7734o
— Antifa Sacramento (@AntifaSac_) February 5, 2020
For months now, Patrick Casey of the American Identity Movement, Nick Fuentes, host of the America First podcast, and Jake Llyod, former InfoWars blowhard – notably all Unite the Right attendees – have pushed together to create cohesion between their various camps. In December, the three leaders hosted the “Groyper Leadership Summit” in December 2019, which coincided with a Turning Point USA event.
Leading white nationalist Groyper Jaden McNeil, who was kicked out of TP-USA last December is starting an "America First" offshoot to compete with TP-USA on campus. McNeil is being promoted by Malkin, conspiracy outlet the Gateway Pundit, and white nationalists at Red Elephants. pic.twitter.com/ycZ9TCsUxG
— It's Going Down (@IGD_News) January 22, 2020
About a month later, former TP-USA leader Jaden McNeil, who was kicked out of TP-USA for his ties to the Alt-Right, announced the formation of America First, a campus group that would brand itself as a more white nationalist version of TP-USA, while maintaining a very pro-Trump and ‘MAGA’ set of optics.
While much of the Right and MAGA cult has attempted to distance themselves from the Groypers, the current has picked up the support of a variety of Alt-Lite D list celebrities and conspiratorial trash rags. This includes Michelle Malkin, who was recently fired from the Young America Foundation due to her support of Fuentes and various other white nationalists along with click-bait lie-lord sites such as Red Elephants, The Gateway Pundit and Big League Politics.
After covering @CPAC on Friday Feb. 28th, I will be speaking at the very first AFPAC – America First Political Action Conference in DC. It will be livestreamed. It's time. #AmericaFirst
Registration info ==> pic.twitter.com/YhlVwiuooe
— Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin) January 31, 2020
American First will also be hosting a conference in DC on February 28th, which will coincide with the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), in an attempt to bring over young Trump supporters into the white nationalist, Groyper current. The event will also feature Michelle Malkin (who has also been given media access at CPAC), Nick Fuentes, Patrick Casey, and Scott Greer, a white nationalist who was fired from his job at the Daily Caller after his ties to Richard Spencer were revealed.
While it would be easy to dismiss America First as simply a collection of unwanted toys from the mainstream conservative movement that have ventured too far into white nationalism; or white nationalists who have taken on the optics of Trumpism in an attempt to re-brand themselves following Unite the Right, the fact that they are bringing together different groups, projects, and talking heads under one banner should be cause for alarm. As we’ve seen with the Alt-Right in the past, when a certain point of critical mass is hit, the movement will rush to support it regardless of tactical disagreements.
Antifascist organizers would be wise to be aware and prepared for these new developments, as the terrain of far-Right politics, both electoral and on the street, continues to shift.
There’s been a lot going on in the news since our last column, so we’re going to present them quickly here.
- Michelle Malkin was recently chased out of three venues in Maine only to be given a platform in a nearby town by a group of Republicans.
- A white nationalist podcaster, Michael J Thompson, has been exposed as a Campus Reform grifter by Angry White Men and Right Wing Watch. Thompson also worked at World Net Daily, which “allowed him to move in professional circles that included white nationalists, writers from Breitbart and the Daily Caller and prominent Donald Trump supporters including Steve Bannon and Jack Posobiec.” Thompson wrote for a variety of white nationalist websites and spoke on a variety of Alt-Right podcasts.
- New documents have been released which detail the extent that far-Right Christian supremacist Matt Shea was involved in planning various armed militia operations.
- Angry White Men has a run down of various far-Right politicians who are running for office.
- Trials are underway for a neo-Nazi who shot two African-American men and Portland white nationalist serial killer Jeremy Christian.
- In Palmdale, California, anti-Muslim Trump supporters disrupted an event sponsored by American Islamic Institute of Antelope Valley and Council on American-Islamic Relations Greater Los Angeles Area.
- A wave of arrests has hit the neo-Nazi paramilitary organization, The Base. Antifascists also infiltrated the group’s social media account and posted memes mocking them. The Informant has a report.
Antifascist activists have provided an unparalleled view inside The Base, including the infiltration of an FBI undercover. In August '19, when The Base camp in Eastern WA was exposed by @161EUG, I heard the FBI was freaking out that their u/c op was blown https://t.co/YYZMMOLwHd pic.twitter.com/8qaNjNSZkI
— Ali Winston (@awinston) January 25, 2020
While large scale antifascist mobilizations have become more rare, there is still a steady stream of activity happening across the so-called US. This included flyering campaigns, taking down fascist stickers, educational outreach, and also smaller mobilizations.
- In San Francisco, anti-racists, antifascists, and community members mobilized against a collection of far-Right grifters and trolls, who were attempting to “clean-up” homeless encampments and hold a pro-Trump rally. The group, led by Scott Presler, had it’s event shut down and were driven out of the city. See this report at One People’s Project.
- In Sacramento, California, antifascists organized a flyering campaign against a member of the Proud Boys, Brandon Witte.
We were out in Rocklin last night and put up 60 Brandon Witte posters in his neighborhood and in other areas of Rocklin as well.
— Antifa Sacramento (@AntifaSac_) January 28, 2020
- In Seattle, Washington, hundreds of antifascists and members of the trans community mobilized against an anti-trans group hosting an event at a public library.
- Lastly in the Twin Cities, people mobilized for a rally after members of the American Identity Movement posed for a photo-opt.
Tonight around a dozen of us took to the same spot fash scum, American Identity Movement, tried to flex & rep on our turf (26th Street/35w North).
We responded in kind. The Twin Cities is an Anti-Fascist zone. We will defend our streets & neighborhoods.#TwinCities #AntifaZones pic.twitter.com/4xkYbFjVCV
— 𝗠𝗡 𝗨𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗔𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝗙𝗮𝘀𝗰𝗶𝘀𝗺🏴 (@MNUnitedAF) February 3, 2020
Holy shit there’s a lot going on. We’re gonna be brief here due to large volume of stuff coming out. Please follow the links and tweets for more info.
- Lake Stevens Proud Boy, Mark Valdez, Jr was outed by Salish Black Flag.
- Louis Jeffery Giovingo was exposed as the neo-Nazi podcaster behind the Southern AF podcast.
1/ Say hello to Louis Jeffery Giovingo, aka “Southern Dingo,” self-proclaimed “Nazi” podcaster. He hosts the Southern AF podcast.
He’s also attended the first Unite the Right rally in 2017.
He lives in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. pic.twitter.com/KXNKUK103A
— AntiFash Gordon (@AntiFashGordon) February 3, 2020
- Nick Schlappi was doxxed as a neo-Nazi poster on the Iron March forum.
— Panic! in the Discord (@discord__panic) February 4, 2020
- Reagan Lodge was exposed as another neo-Nazi poster from the Iron March forums.
User "gingertoast" on #IronMarch was active for over three years and became quite friendly with several fascists on the forum. Today you may find out that his real name is Reagan Lodge and that he is a fascist illustrator and former Marine. https://t.co/UOEMPBnmYr pic.twitter.com/i7YckTDJqo
— Panic! in the Discord (@discord__panic) February 1, 2020
- Jack Espinoza, a poster on the neo-Nazi forum Iron March was outed as the person behind the “Black Israelite” handle.
— Panic! in the Discord (@discord__panic) February 3, 2020
- Colorado Springs Antifa exposed Alexander Thomas, a white supremacist in the US Navy.
Say hello to US Navy White Supremacist Alexander Thomas Stansbery of Colorado Springs!
🔥[ACTION ITEMS]🔥 Below 👇
— Colorado Springs Anti-Fascists (@COSAntiFascists) January 28, 2020
- Ken Allen Shields, a Proud Boy from Lodi, California was doxxed.
— Death Cab For Scooby (@CabScooby) January 28, 2020
- Antifascists in Chicago exposed a neo-Nazi supporter of the Base, Soren Renner.
— SE Anti-Racist Action (@SouthEastARA) January 25, 2020
- Eugene Antifa doxxed neo-Nazi Francois Kemp, an associate of the Base living in South Africa.
Today we are exposing Francois Kemp (@/F_KempZA) as a neo-Nazi and member of the terrorist organization called "The Base." Francois Kemp continues to use the alias "cempa" and lives in the Cape Town area in the province of Western Cape in South Africa. [THREAD]#DeBasedDoxx pic.twitter.com/VFA24FhEhS
— EUG161 (@161EUG) September 15, 2019
- Colorado Springs Antifascists exposed the Nevada president of the American Guard, Denise Cristal Zamora.
The president of the Nevada chapter of the white supremacist organization American Guard has been exposed! https://t.co/U0yAf2XSAt
— Colorado Springs Anti-Fascists (@COSAntiFascists) January 19, 2020
- Also doxxed by Colorado Springs Antifascists was Proud Boy and white nationalist heathen, Dean Van Zandt.
Say hello to Dean Van Zandt Jr. aka @ZODIAKDoxxer!
Dean lives in Pueblo, CO and has been publishing false doxx's of random people linking them to anti-fascist accounts. He is a Proud Boy and a white supremacist heathen.
— Colorado Springs Anti-Fascists (@COSAntiFascists) January 17, 2020
- Neo-Nazi poster on the Iron March forums, Kevin Scott Tollefson, was exposed as living in Las Vegas.
Meet Kevin Scott Tollefson, a neo-Nazi and Iron March forum member living in the greater Las Vegas metropolitan area. We feel that Kevin and his genocidal beliefs are a threat to our communities and everyone should know about him.#IronMarchhttps://t.co/BUeeaJL241 pic.twitter.com/yFFlcGgs91
— Biggest Little City Antifascists (@renoironfront) January 17, 2020
- Atomwaffen Division associated Travis Morgan was shown to be living in Winfield, Missouri.
He sought to join the Neo-Nazi Atomwaffen Division online, he works for a biomedical company @AlcamiNow, and now he is known to the world as a Neo-Nazi. Meet Travis Morgan aka "Lt Gonville Bromhead" of Winfield, Missouri. https://t.co/rzipcVplH3#IronMarch pic.twitter.com/whio4DQUF1
— Panic! in the Discord (@discord__panic) January 20, 2020
- UNC Chapel Hill graduate Lance Pickell was doxxed as an associate of various white nationalist and neo-Nazi groups and Turning Point-USA.
Meet Lance Pickell of Tabor City NC. Recent graduate from UNC Chapel Hill and associate of Identity Europa (now AIM), TPUSA, and "Patriot Front" pic.twitter.com/sszu6D2dCd
— Death Cab For Scooby (@CabScooby) January 22, 2020
- Matthew Urbanik was exposed as the leader of the Chicago Atomwaffen cell.
Matthew Urbanik was arrested in 2017 for putting up Neo-Nazi fliers at the @UChicago campus. Unknown to the media is that they caught the Chicago Atomwaffen cell leader. We'd like for you to meet Matthew:https://t.co/mrCCCwr0IR#IronMarch pic.twitter.com/2p8hArUYYI
— Panic! in the Discord (@discord__panic) January 25, 2020
Support Our Prisoners
- Support Gage Halupowski! Currently serving a six year sentence. More info here.
There's now a Support Gage Halupowski flyer to use on all social media platforms! Let's continue to spread the word! Six years is a long time! Let's make sure the entire time Gage knows just how much support he has from all over! pic.twitter.com/jAHpC0u9pA
— Antifa Sacramento (@AntifaSac_) February 2, 2020
- Support David Campbell! Currently serving a year. More info here.
🏴🖤UPDATE: Anti-fascist political prisoner David Campbell has been *moved* to a different facility within Rikers. Please write to him here:
RNDC (Robert N. Davoren Complex)
11-11 Hazen St
East Elmhurst, NY
— MACC NYC (@macc_nyc) January 8, 2020
- Support Eric King! Anarchist and antifascist prisoner who has been targeted by the State and neo-Nazi inmates for being ‘ANTIFA.’ More info here.
Eric King and his family desperately need support. Please consider supporting them or at least reading their story. https://t.co/R1WbiULodv
— Torr ⚔️ (@TCWordsmith) February 5, 2020
Call to Action
Kick the KKK Out of Portland!
From Rose City Antifa:
On Saturday February 8th, 2020, Ku Klux Klan “Imperial Wizard” and National Socialist Movement member Steven Shane Howard is planning a rally in downtown Portland. Join us in telling Howard and any KKK members or their allies they are not welcome anywhere near our city.