Filed under: Announcement, Anti-Patriarchy, Environment, Midwest, Queer, Trans
A call for a direct action encampment in so-called Minnesota for two-spirit, trans, and womxn.
Anti Line 3 Action Camp (+ long term encampment with no cis doods*!)
A direct action camp with workshops, skill shares and comraderie for people who identify as two-spirit, womxn, trans &/or gender variant to come together, establish a resistance camp & fight the patriarchy!
Interested in attending, set up, training or facilitation? Email email@example.com
The action camp is May 31st to June 5th, but will continue on to be a long term encampment. Have you ever wanted to live in a pipeline resistance camp with no cis doods? Well this is your chance!
Come throw down in occupied Anishinaabe territory! So-called northern Minnesota.
Please bring your own shelter and a dog leash if you have a dog ?
*Cis dood: someone who identifies with the gender of ‘male’ that they were assigned at birth
Who We Are
- We are a collective of individuals, not a non-profit. We oppose the non-profit industrial complex, capitalism, white supremacy and heteropatriarchy.
- We are a group of non-cis male people who have been fighting Line 3 and although we are not indigenous led, we focus on uplifting indigenous voices and being fiercely anti-colonial.
- We operate through a consensus decision making process which will include daily check ins with the entire group at TTWAC.
- Cis men are core to the oppression of two-spirt, trans and gender variant folks and womxn. This is our space to be away from them, build skills and fight with a clear mind.
- Our fight is not just against Line 3, it is to build a liberated future for TTW, black, indigenous and POC folks (The current Line 3 movement has emulated racism, patriarchy and transphobia in many ways and we intend to make a space hostile to these).
- Thus, those who have or do make TTW and POC folks feel unsafe are not welcome.
- We are hostile to cultural appropriation, sexism, racism, ableism and all oppressive isms.
- Physical/sexual assault and abuse is not permitted at all. Perpetrators will be kicked out with no second chances. Other conflicts can be mediated through the conflict team.