Filed under: Incarceration, Political Prisoners, Publication, US
[Download Issue #4] (Prints 8.5×11)
Here’s the fourth issue of Wildfire. We’re a little late in posting it online because, well, we’ve been busy. Prison struggle in the U.S. is heating up and spreading. Coordinated action is being called for September 9th, with work stoppages being planned in multiple states. June 11th, the international day of solidarity with long-term anarchist prisoners, is just weeks away. Rebels throughout the world have their sights on the end of this prison society and the flowering of total freedom in its wake. We’d like to write more, but we’ll let this issue of Wildfire speak for itself.
We send solidarity to Tato and Javier, anarchists recently found guilty by the Chilean state of burning a Transantiago bus.
Toward a hot, hot summer & dancing on the rubble where the prisons used to be.
– “Critical Resistance of the Yeast Variety” by Lacino Hamilton
– A letter from Brandon Gray
– “Reintroduction & Some Thoughts on Terrorism, Language, Context, and Strategy” by Brandon Baxter
– A message from Todd Shepard
– Another installment of “Buckin in the BOP” by anonymous
– Some thoughts from Anastazia Schmid
– “Solitary as a Weapon” by Jose Villarreal
– A letter from Stephen O. Swartz
– Response to Issue #3 by Sayf
–“In Defense of Fire & Smoke: Another Response in the Ongoing Debate on What Constitutes Reformist Tactic” by Sean Swain
– A chronology of some actions December 2015-March 2016