IGD wants to share your story. We accept original content that shares perspective and intentions with It’s Going Down. We have taken several steps to help ensure privacy, security, and anonymity; however this is not foolproof. We need your help in this process. We read and review submitted content and ask that to you please respect our time and efforts.
We have created the following guidelines that are critical to the success and longevity of this website.
- Please include AT LEAST one picture.
- To add pictures inside the post, use the top “POST CONTENT – ADD IMAGE” button, this will load them into the post.
- To place a cover photo (the big photo that you see on the top of the post), add it by clicking on the “POST CONTENT – ADD IMAGE” button at the bottom of the page. You won’t see this image pop up, but we will, and will know that you want it to be the first image people see associated with the post. Make sure it’s good quality!
- Please proofread, edit, and fact check your piece (do this by linking to things which support facts). We have limited resources and rely on your diligence.
- To include a Tweet or Instagram posts, just include the URL to it, it will automatically pop up.
- To add video, just include a hyperlink to the URL and it will pop up like Tweets and Instagram posts.
- If you wish to add a PDF, include a URL to it, we will upload it.
- You can remove METADATA with this.
- Examples of contributions are editorials, first hand accounts, analysis, critiques, report-backs, interviews, documentaries, original research, essays, etc.
- Please limit linking to or re-posting from corporate media; if a comrade / movement source is unavailable please provide some analysis.
- Photo, Tweets, and Video are strongly encouraged! Please wipe your meta (EXIF) data.
- Please spell and grammar check articles and be intentional with HTML formatting.
- Please do not share anything that directly or indirectly incriminates individuals. We don’t want to know who did what. If you are unsure on security culture basics, read here or listen here.
- Does the analysis come from an anti-authoritarian and anti-capitalist perspective?
- Is the action self-organized and put forward outside the hands of top-down groups?
- Is the activity in conflict with an institution of power?
- Was there any real risk in its performance or was the symbolism powerful enough to manifest a deeper resonance with liberatory struggle?
- Does the piece place itself in a larger context or history of revolt?
- Was the action or analysis based in North America or does it have a strong relationship to here?
- Calls to action are currently only being accepted by networks or groups and prisoners that have the ability to pull others in.
- Publications are accepted that include a PDF for free download and printing (feel free to upload onto IGD) or articles from the pages inside. We do not accept ads for books and magazines.
If you feel as though your submission does not ante up, then IGD might not be the right place. We encourage you to seek out or create other outlets. Not every submission is accepted. These guidelines certainly will adapt as needed. Thanks!