Who we are:
What we do:
We are anarchists:
What we do not do:
We do not plan or organize protests or demonstrations. We signal boost what people are already organizing in their locality.
We do not advocate or promote violence or non-violence. Movements for liberation decide for themselves on the best strategy to get and stay free is. We respect local organizing efforts and their understanding of the situation they are faced with.
- All content has an author / group attached to the post. You can find more articles and information about the author by clicking on the authors name.
- If you do not wish IGD to repost your content, email us at: info [at] itsgoingdown [dot] org.
- We accept original content that shares the perspectives and intentions with It’s Going Down.
- Content may be reviewed and edited by the editorial collective at It’s Going Down. You can read our guidelines here.
- Examples of contributions are report backs, fire hand accounts, grassroots journalism, interviews, documentaries, podcasts, analysis, critiques, essays, original research, documentaries, etc. We ask that all written submissions that cover social movements, struggles, and actions, be written in a way that reports from the ground in broad terms what is happening while citing sources and facts. Other type submissions can be submitted to websites such as Insurrection News.
- We ask projects that are also asking for money (like Unicorn Riot, Sub.media, Indigenous Action Media, Gods and Radicals, etc…) for permission to repost their work.
- If you are an author of re-posted content to which we have failed to get in touch with you and you would like us to edit or remove our rebroadcast, please email us at info [at] itsgoingdown [dot] org.
With the understanding that States are an arbitrary concept with real implications we did our best to create categories that reflect the complex cultural trends inside the anarchist movement. We recognize there are implications of being from a certain place and that affinities may not follow the lines we have created.
- Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Idaho)
- Southwest (California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico)
- Central (Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas)
- Midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Arkansas)
- Northeast (Maine, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware)
- Southeast (Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, DC, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida)
- Pacific (Hawaii, Alaska)
- Northern Mexico (Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Sinoloa, Chihuahua
Coahuila de Zaragoza, Nuevo León, Tamulipas, San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas, Durango, Nayarit, Aguascalientes, Guanajuto, Queretaro de Artega, Hidalgo)
- Southern Mexico (Mexico City, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán, Guerrero, Tlaxcala, Puebla, Morelos, Oaxaca, Chiapas)
- Gulf States (Veracruz, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán, Quintana Roo)
- British Columbia (Vancouver)
- Prairies (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba)
- Ontario (Toronto)
- Quebec (Montreal)
- Maritimes (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Foundland)
- We have taken several steps to help ensure privacy, security, and anonymity.
IGD publishes original work, anonymous submissions, and material from other websites for educational purposes only. We do not condone or promote illegal, violent, and unlawful behavior or actions, or acts of intimidation against individuals or groups.
IGD is does not organize protests, demonstrations, or other actions, although we do give space for various groups to report, build, and create capacity for various actions as they relate to social manifestations, struggles, and movements.
Copyright and/or abuse claims can be made to: info [at] itsgoingdown [dot] org
To Corporate Media:
IGD is an anarchist news website and platform. We do not organize demonstrations or carry out actions, therefore we cannot represent something we did not organize. Often journalists will read something on IGD submitted by an anonymous source and assume that IGD as a group carried out said action, but this is not the case. Additionally, we are neither a neutral or unbiased agency (neither are you).
IGD accepts monetary donation via the anonymous digital currency bitcoin and through regular Credit or Debit Card. Your donation helps to keep this site running and can help provide monetary support to authors for original contribution and direct reporting. Please sign up to become a monthly donor of our project.
Please Donate To Bitcoin Address: 1HW1EHS9CevbEAHS8GkSXV7R6wZNSbuvhy
Why do we ask for money?:
Sadly we have not freed ourselves from capitalism. We too need to eat and pay the bills.
IGD is not a hobby or a part time project, we have never and will never accept grants, advertisement revenue, payments, or donations from any organization or wealthy billionaire.
IGD is a daily commitment of volunteers. Your donations monetarily support the work of full time Editors, Podcasters, Technical Engineers as well as the Artists who design and print t-shirts, booklets, magazines, and so on. Your donations help send reports to uprisings and rebellions in so-called North America. $3,000 a month is our bare minimum budget to sustain the work of these individuals.
In the Winter/Spring of 2016, IGD came together to publish a magazine documenting the first 6 months of the website and collected some of the most powerful articles that we published and re-published. Below are links to the PDF, both in color and in black and white, as well as the video which promoted the crowdfunding campaign which helped give life to the project. We encourage people to print out copies and share. Check out our promotional video that was made thanks to the help of our friends at the Final Straw and Sub.Media!
The second issue of the magazine was published in the spring of 2017.