We are a network of friends and comrades across so-called North America that seeks to provide news and analysis of when it goes down: riots, strikes, sabotage, occupations, expropriations, rebellion, revolt, insurrection, whether together or alone – we support liberatory revolt. You get the point.
- We accept submissions.
- Content is reviewed and edited by the editorial collective at It’s Going Down. You can read our guidelines here.
- We accept original content that shares perspective and intentions with It’s Going Down.
- Examples of contributions are communiques, editorials, first hand accounts, interviews, documentaries, report-backs, essays, original research, etc.
- Photos, tweets, and videos are strongly encouraged.
Types of Posts:
- Articles that originate from outside of IGD are marked at the top of the post From A Website. This means that the post comes from somewhere else originally and we are reposting it because we want to spread the news and information found within. If you do not wish IGD to repost your content, email us at: info [at] itsgoingdown [dot] org.
- Articles that are submitted to the website, meaning that an anonymous person submits their article to IGD for review for possible posting, is marked, Submitted to It’s Going Down. These articles are only found on IGD but are not written by the collective.
- Articles, columns, and podcasts that are created by the IGD collective are marked, Originally published to It’s Going Down. These articles come from IGD itself and represent overall the sentiment of the project.
With the understanding that States are an arbitrary concept with real implications we did our best to create categories that reflect the complex cultural trends inside the anarchist movement. We recognize there are implications of being from a certain place and that affinities may not follow the lines we have created.
- Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Idaho)
- Southwest (California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico)
- Central (Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas)
- Midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Arkansas)
- Northeast (Maine, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware)
- Southeast (Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, DC, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida)
- Pacific (Hawaii, Alaska)
- Northern Mexico (Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Sinoloa, Chihuahua
Coahuila de Zaragoza, Nuevo León, Tamulipas, San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas, Durango, Nayarit, Aguascalientes, Guanajuto, Queretaro de Artega, Hidalgo)
- Southern Mexico (Mexico City, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán, Guerrero, Tlaxcala, Puebla, Morelos, Oaxaca, Chiapas)
- Gulf States (Veracruz, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán, Quintana Roo)
- British Columbia
- Prairies (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba)
- Maritimes (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Foundland)
- We have taken several steps to help ensure privacy, security, and anonymity.
IGD publishes original work, submissions, and material from other websites for educational purposes only. We do not condone or promote illegal, violent, and unlawful behavior or actions, or acts of intimidation against individuals or groups.
If you have an issue about content on the website or our use of a picture, please email us at: info [at] itsgoingdown [dot] org
IGD accepts monetary donation via the anonymous digital currency bitcoin and and through regular Credit or Debit Card / PayPal. Your donation helps to keep this site running and can help provide monetary support to authors for original contribution and direct reporting. Please sign up to become a monthly sustainer of the project.
Why do we ask for money?:
IGD is not a hobby or a part time project, it takes full time work to pull it off. We pay people that run the website who do it full time, we buy equipment, we print t-shirts, we print booklets, we pay for the printing of a magazine, and so on. With all that in mind, $2k a month is a pretty low amount for a project that on average gets worked on 10+ hours a day. The whole point of crowdfunding is to make these things sustainable and full time, so we can grow to hopefully replace other media in the future to further the goals of the revolutionary movement.
It sucks, but in order to do that it takes money.
Also, a lot of what we do is making original articles and podcasts, as well as editing and formatting submissions. We also try and ask always other projects that are also asking for money for their work (like Unicorn Riot, Indigenous Action Media, Gods and Radicals, etc) if they want us to report their stuff. We aren’t trying to steal stuff from people that don’t want us to repost. Having said that, if you don’t want IGD to repost your articles and we haven’t got in touch with you first, please email us at info [at] itsgoingdown [dot] org.
You’ll also notice that sites that we repost from, we don’t put an ad at the bottom, out of respect for the featured project. Plus, we try and post all of the calls for funds for political prisoners, autonomous spaces, and other projects we can get our hands on. A lot of what IGD does is just being a signal boost for smaller sites that don’t have a big as an audience. We aren’t doing this to be rich, but we wanna get enough to keep doing it.
In the Winter/Spring of 2016, IGD as a group published a magazine documenting the first 6 months of the website and collected some of the most powerful articles that we published and re-published. Below are links to the PDF, both in color and in black and white, as well as the video which promoted the crowdfunding campaign which helped give life to the project. We encourage people to print out copies and share. Check out our promotional video that was made thanks to the help of our friends at the Final Straw and SubMedia.Tv!