Who we are:
It’s Going Down is a digital community center for anarchist, anti-fascist, autonomous anti-capitalist and anti-colonial movements. Our mission is to provide a resilient platform to publicize and promote revolutionary theory and action.
What we do:
We offer a minimal, encrypted, ephemeral, anonymous chat application – igd.chat.
We are anarchists:
We act in the spirit of autonomy, mutual-aid, and solidarity. We have no allegiance to representational politics. To read more about anarchist ideas, check out our library or watch these select videos:
What we do not do:
As a news and media platform, It’s Going Down does not plan or organize protests or demonstrations. However, we signal boost what people are already organizing in their locality.
We do not advocate or promote violence or non-violence. Movements for liberation decide for themselves on what the best strategy is to get and stay free. We respect local organizing efforts and their understanding of the situations they are faced with.
- Content has an author / group attached to the post. You can find more articles and information about the author by clicking on the author’s name.
- We accept original content that shares the perspectives and intentions of It’s Going Down.
- Content may be reviewed and edited by the editorial collective at It’s Going Down. You can read our guidelines here.
- Examples of contributions are report backs, fist-hand accounts, grassroots journalism, interviews, podcasts, analyses, critiques, essays, original research, documentaries, etc. We ask that all written submissions that cover social movements, struggles, and actions, be written in a way that reports what is happening from the ground in broad terms while citing sources and facts.
- If you are an author of re-posted content to which we have failed to get in touch with you and you would like us to edit or remove our rebroadcast, please email us at info [at] itsgoingdown [dot] org.
- Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Idaho)
- Southwest (California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico)
- Central (Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas)
- Midwest (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Arkansas)
- Northeast (Maine, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware)
- Southeast (Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, DC, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida)
- Pacific (Hawaii, Alaska)
- Northern Mexico (Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Zacatecas, Durango, Nayarit, Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo)
- Southern Mexico (Mexico City, State of Mexico, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán, Guerrero, Tlaxcala, Puebla, Morelos, Oaxaca, Chiapas)
- Gulf States (Veracruz, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán, Quintana Roo)
- British Columbia (Vancouver)
- Prairies (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba)
- Ontario (Toronto)
- Quebec (Montreal)
- Maritimes (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Foundland)
- We have taken several steps to help ensure privacy, security, and anonymity.
IGD publishes original work, anonymous submissions, and material from other websites for educational purposes only. We do not condone or promote illegal, violent, and unlawful behavior or actions, or acts of intimidation against individuals or groups.
Copyright and/or abuse claims can be made to: info [at] itsgoingdown [dot] org
IGD accepts monetary donations via the anonymous digital currency Bitcoin and via Credit or Debit Cards. Your donation helps to keep this site running and provide monetary support to authors for original content. Please sign up to become a monthly donor.
Why do we ask for money?:
IGD relies on the daily commitment of writers, editors, podcasters, artists, and technical engineers. Your donations monetarily support their work.
In the Winter/Spring of 2016, IGD came together to publish a magazine documenting the first 6 months of the website and collected some of the most powerful articles that we published and re-published. Below are links to the PDF, both in color and in black and white, as well as the video which promoted the crowdfunding campaign which helped give life to the project. We encourage people to print out copies and share. Check out our promotional video that was made thanks to the help of our friends at the Final Straw and Sub.Media!
The second issue of the magazine was published in the spring of 2017.