Filed under: Anarchist Movement, Disaster, Interviews, Radio/Podcast, This is America
Welcome, to This Is America, March 19th, 2020.
In this episode we jump straight into an interview with Sima Lee, anarchist organizer, hip-hop artist, and currently a participant in mutual aid initiatives in Baltimore. We discuss how the coronavirus pandemic and economic fallout is hitting the city, how people are organizing in response, and what people should expect in the coming terrain.
For more info, or to set up a scheduled drop off of items, please message us or email us at: [email protected]
Thank you for your solidarity!
— Food, Clothing & Resistance Collective (@fcrcollective) March 13, 2020
We then jump straight into a discussion about the outbreak, how it is leading to a economic meltdown, how people are mobilizing mutual aid projects in response, and much more.
It’s Going Down
We need your help to reach our goal by the end of March of signing up 25 new monthly supporters! Help autonomous revolutionary media grow into 2020!
- Sign up to become a monthly supporter here!
- Give us a one time donation here or through Bitcoin.
- Subscribe to our podcast, either by following our RSS feed or following IGD wherever you get your podcasts!
- Listen to us on the radio! We’re on Pacifica radio stations on Fridays at 12 PM PST (Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, Fresno, and Santa Cruz). On Saturday, 7pm, at 96.9. If you have a Pacifica station or community radio station in your area, encourage them to stream our show!
- Follow and share us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Tell a friend about IGD!