Filed under: Anarchist Movement, Featured, Interviews, Radio/Podcast, This is America
Welcome, to This Is America, July 22nd, 2020.
On this episode, we speak with two people about the ongoing upheaval in Portland, Oregon, where for over 54 days and nights, people have faced off against both the police and federal troops from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We speak with someone from the Youth Liberation Front (YLF) along with another person who has been on the streets since the start of the revolt.
The moms have created a wall in front of the federal courthouse. They are doing a call and response of “ACAB” “All cops are bastards.” #portland #PortlandProtest #wallofmoms #portlandprotests #PortlandOregon #PortlandOR #oregon #BLMprotest #PDXprotests #PDX #PortlandMoms pic.twitter.com/oVdRrhGt9C
— Clypian (@Clypian) July 22, 2020
We then switch to a discussion, where we touch on the worsening economic and housing situation, the second explosion of COVID-19, Trump’s push to re-open schools, and more.
We’ll be back soon with another episode featuring a huge roundup of actions happening across so-called North America, but until then, enjoy the interviews and the discussion, and we will see you soon.
It’s Going Down
If you value IGD as a revolutionary autonomous media resource in times of crisis and have the means, please sign up to support us monthly! Help autonomous revolutionary media grow into 2020!
- Sign up to become a monthly supporter here!
- Give us a one time donation here or through Bitcoin.
- Subscribe to our podcast, either by following our RSS feed or following IGD wherever you get your podcasts!
- Listen to us on the radio! We’re on Pacifica radio stations on Fridays at 12 PM PST (Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco, Fresno, and Santa Cruz). On Saturday, 7pm, at 96.9. If you have a Pacifica station or community radio station in your area, encourage them to stream our show!
- Follow and share us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook!
- Tell a friend about IGD!