Filed under: Community Organizing, Indigenous, Repression, Southern Mexico
The Civilian Observation Mission of the Sixth Declaration of the Lacandon Jungle denounce another armed attack—this time in Tula, Guerrero—against communities pertaining to the Popular Indigenous Council of Guerrero-Emiliano Zapata
To the Zapatista Army of National Liberation
To the National Indigenous Congress
To the Indigenous Governing Council
To the Networks of Resistance and Rebellion of Mexico and the World
To the National and International Sixth
To the Media
To the People of Mexico
Narco-paramilitary groups, with the complicity of the bad government, attack time and again the communities in Guerrero, Mexico, and the world. They do so for territorial control, for environmental destruction, for the appropriation of the natural resources of the communities, for the urgency to weaken the resistance and end with all those who struggle for life.
Our Indigenous Nahua compañerxs of the community of Tula, in the municipality of Chilapa de Álvarez, pertaining to the Popular Indigenous Council of Guerrero- Emiliano Zapata, inform us with rage, of the following. On April 16th, around 9:30 pm, their community was attacked, shot at with high caliber weaponry by the narco-paramilitary group, “Los Ardillos.” This attack took place with the silence of the armed forces of the state. The state is on the side of the assassins and attackers. They have decided to continue the pathway of omission. They are guilty and complicit with those who daily attack, disappear, torture, besiege, and kill our compañeros and compañeras of CIPOG-EZ.
- The armed attack against the community of Tula, in the municipality of Chilapa de Álvarez, pertaining to CIPOG-EZ
- The omissive attitude of the three levels of government: the municipal and state police, along with the national guard
- The blockade surrounding the community impeding the arrival of medical assistance
- The immediate cease to the armed attacks against our compañeros and compañeras in the community of Tula, in the montaña baja of Guerrero, which signifies death and impunity against those who organize to construct a dignified life
- Medical assistance to check on the physical and emotional conditions of the inhabitants of the community
- Justice and punishment to those responsible for these systematic attacks against our compañeras and compañeros
End the war against the dignified people of Mexico!
End the paramilitary war against the Zapatista communities of the EZLN!
End the narco-paramilitary war against the Indigenous communities of the CNI-CIG!
End the narco-paramilitary war against the communities of the CIPOG-EZ!
Justice for all our prisoners, assassinated, and disappeared of the CNI-CIG!
Against the aggressions, multiply the resistances!
Civil Observation Mission- Sixth Declaration of the Lacandon Jungle