Filed under: Announcement, Anti-fascist, Event, Northeast
Call to oppose far-Right group mobilizing for a rally in support of the police and ICE this Saturday at 11 AM in the Boston area. Facebook event here with more information.
Super Happy Fun America, the same MA-grown violent far-Right figures that brought “Straight Pride” to Boston in August, are rallying again to push their racist, anti-immigrant agenda by supporting the Boston Police Department as well as the recent decision by the Trump administration to deploy SWAT-like Customs & Border Patrol agents to Boston to further escalate violence against immigrant communities.
‘Straight Pride’ organisers revealed to have links to far-right and white nationalist groupshttps://t.co/Vd7z59Faxu
— jordan (@JordanUhl) August 31, 2019
By holding this rally SHFA wants to build their own base, as well as to curry favor with the police. We won’t let them do it unopposed. Join a broad coalition of everyday people in the fight against far-right movement-building in Boston!
This Saturday, anti-fascist will be protesting a fascist event held by Super Happy Fun America.
There may be a need for a bail fund, so one has been set up. Please donate if you can. https://t.co/Jx5pQZVd35
— Black Mast Antifa (@BlackMastAntifa) February 20, 2020
We ask everyone to show up in support of Black lives, immigrant lives, women’s lives, queer and trans lives, justice, and collective liberation! Boston says ‘back off’ to the fascists who promote subjugation and elimination of our communities, and the racist cops who oppress and enact violence against our communities.
This natural alliance of police, fascists, and white supremacists comes as no surprise to those of us on the freedom side in Boston. SHFA’s “Back the Blue” messaging is clearly meant to affront movements fighting against police violence and systemic racism. Meanwhile, the BPD’s oppressive practices are evidenced by activity such as:
- BPD daily brutalizes Black and brown communities through entrapment on social media and stop and frisk policies that target Black Bostonians in 63% of stops.
- Among so many others, BPD murdered Bo Ramsey-White, Usaamah Rahim, and Terrence Coleman (all unarmed Black men) and has denied their families justice. #BlackLivesMatter
- BPD has cooperated with ICE, shamelessly participating in the targeting of immigrants, including schoolchildren.
- BPD spent August attacking homeless and disabled Boston residents through Operation Clean Sweep and brutalizing activists showing up against Super Happy Fun America’s most recent display of hate on August 31.
Details will be constantly updated. Stay tuned.
1/ Super Happy Fun America, the same group that sponsored August's Straight Pride Parade, is having a pro-police rally on Saturday.
We'll be there to counter it, and we need you to join us.
But first, let's look at SHFA's ties to neo-Nazis in the area. pic.twitter.com/Mnv0O0g6VR
— AntiFash Gordon (@AntiFashGordon) February 18, 2020
Basic safety protocols:
- bring a buddy or at least inform a friend, roommate, or family member of your plans for the day
- do not bring anything you would not want taken from you by the police
- if you need medication, bring them in a separate ziploc bag in their original bottles with your name
- bring water, wear comfortable shoes, and dress for the weather
890 total views, 8 views today