Filed under: Anarchist Movement, Event, Northeast
Call for an anarchist assembly in Brooklyn, New York on March 7th.
In NYC, we are calling for another anarchist assembly. The growth of anti-police organizing, anti-imperialist and anti-colonial struggles, and the movement against prison slavery has been central to revolutionary organizing and activity. We want to further this momentum with a new assembly. Come with ideas, projects, and your group and we can begin navigating this chaotic world.
Below are some points of discussion, but other points and topics are welcome.
* How do we start building an alternative to electoral politics?
* What steps do we take to put forth a form of politics that makes opposition to the United States central to anarchist politics?
* Begin discussing creating new, lasting infrastructure, and coordinating our actions, events, organizations, etc.
* Begin preparations for May Day 2020!
We have charted out a few principles of agreement.
* As anarchists we believe in the abolition of the United States as political entity.
* We are actively striving for revolution and not reform, and we will achieve this by any means necessary.
* The destruction of prisons and prison slavery are an immediate aim, and as such we root our struggle in the abolitionist tradition.
* We are against the state and electoralism, and for collective commune based resistance to these mechanisms of control.
* We engage and promote internationalist, anti-capitalist solidarity with revolutionary movements and groups around the world.
1302 Myrtle Avenue
Sat, March 7th