Filed under: Announcement, Northeast, The State
Call for community mobilizations in the face of the upcoming 2020 election.
This is an emergency. It’s an emergency many of us have been living for a long time: from here in New York City, capital of global capitalism and onetime epicenter of COVID-19, to every corner of occupied Turtle Island.
But it is also an opening. Millions of people have woken up to this reality since the onset of the recession and the eruption of the George Floyd rebellion, and millions more will join us in the coming months no matter what goes down on Election Day.
Starting November 4 and continuing every Wednesday following until January 20, we will come together to claim a regular space and time for coordination among popular forces, and for sustained non-cooperation with the regime.
Think direct action: road blockades, sit-ins, shutdowns, mass disruptions. Think social strike: student walkouts, worker wildcats, rent and transit and debt strikes.
This call is in solidarity with Black Lives Matter, People’s Strike, the migrant labor movement, and indigenous peoples everywhere.
It is not affiliated with any political party, but open to all anti-racists, anti-sexists, and anti-capitalists who know another world is possible and are prepared to fight for it wherever we live, work, and struggle.
For updates from across the continent, text HELLO to 205-576-7193 on the Signal app.
And contact [email protected] with any questions!
DON’T JUST VOTE — REVOLT!
- Mark your calendars, reach out to your people, come up with a plan of action for weekly days of rage.
- Build or strengthen relationships with other oppressed people that will endure beyond January 20.
- Consider calling a council and taking up this call together in the town or city where you are based.
- Spread the word to your neighbors, your coworkers, your classmates and comrades and friends.
- Don’t stop at social media. Try some old-fashioned wheatpaste or packing tape and hit the streets.
- Share photos, stories, and updates with your networks. Use the #AllOut #FallOfTheRegime and #StateOfEmergency hashtags. Or come up with one of your own!
- Protect yourself and others: respect people’s need for anonymity and their right to autonomy, obscure any identifying information, and always ask for consent.
- Assess the needs, capabilities, and vulnerabilities of the people in your crew before taking action.
- Arrange for jail, legal, and medical support, and have each other’s backs in the face of repression.
- Everyone is essential here – from the streets to the scanners, direct action to mutual aid and aftercare.
Dates of Interest
* 11/3 – Election Day in the so-called USA
* 11/4 – First Wednesday of Action…
* 11/11 – Second …
* 11/18 – Third …
* 11/25 – 6 months since the murder of George Floyd
* 11/26 – Thankstaking/National Day of Mourning
* 11/27 – Black (and Red) Friday
* 12/2 – Fifth Wednesday of Action
* 12/3 – 3 months since Michael Reinoehl’s murder
* 12/9 – Sixth Wednesday of Action
* 12/14 – Electoral College meets to select prez
* 12/16 – Seventh Wednesday of Action
* 12/17 – 10 years since start of the Arab Spring
* 12/23 – Eighth Wednesday of Action
* 12/30 – Ninth …
* 12/31 – New Year’s Eve (noise demonstrations)
* 1/6 – Tenth Wednesday (certification of election)
* 1/13 – Eleventh Wednesday of Action
* 1/18 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (mass actions)
* 1/19 – “Confederate Heroes Day” (fascist actions)
* 1/20 – Inauguration Day + Final Day of Action