Filed under: Featured, IGD
2022 will mark the 7 year anniversary of the launch of It’s Going Down. Since we first began, IGD has been quoted in everything from The New York Times to Teen Vogue and demonized by pro-Trump think-tanks in Congress, a host of Fox News career hucksters, and too many far-Right trolls to keep track of. We’ve helped to shed light on under-reported social struggles and movements, broken stories, and given a voice to everyone from abolitionists on death row, mutual aid programs in the midst of the pandemic, miners blocking trains in Appalachia, anarchist prisoners in Mexico, tenants on rent strike, teachers on wildcat strike, rural antifascists pushing back against the Proud Boys, and Native water-protectors on the front-lines of the fight against climate change.
Over the past year, we’ve also been able to expand our coverage:
- Our monthly column In Contempt tracks and provides information on those facing repression following the George Floyd uprising, along with info on other political prisoners and prison rebels.
- Our weekly column, Canadian Tire Fire, brings weekly updates on social movements and struggles from an anarchist and anti-colonial perspective.
- IGD Worldwide reports on events across the globe and offers original analysis.
- We continue to publish translations from Spanish, reporting on anarchist, indigenous, and anti-capitalist struggles across Mexico.
- Our podcast continues to grow its audience size, with thousands downloading shows everyday.
- The radio version of our show also continues to reach more listeners every Friday at 12 PM, as our show is now broadcast across stations in the bay area, Fresno, Santa Cruz, and now Monterrey.
One of the things that we haven’t done well is ask for support from our readers and listeners – which is why this holiday season we are calling on all those who value our work at IGD to help us reach our goal of raising $4,000, with a stretch goal of $8,000.
If we can reach our first goal, we plan to ship a bulk amount of shirts that we have from before the pandemic began out to infoshops and bookstores across the US . If we can meet our stretch goal, we hope to print a brand-new round of stickers to send out to groups and distros for free. Above all, these donations will help us continue our work and grow our project into the future.
We want It’s Going Down to continue to be an engaging and informative resource for both those on the front-lines as well as those new to and curious about radical ideas. As faith in existing institutions collapses in the face of continuing crisis, people are looking for new sources of information, new ideas, and new forms of life.
With your continued support, we look forward to another 7 years!