Filed under: Anarchist Movement, IGD
We hit the ground running in January 2020! From coverage of combative housing struggles, solidarity actions with the Wet’suwet’en, interviews with frontline abolitionists, and antifascists interventions into the gun debate; we hope our work shines a light on evolving autonomous social movements and struggles across so-called North America.
On #ThisIsAmerica, we touch on rebellions in Iraq + Puerto Rico, talk with #Wetsuweten Chief Dtsa H’yl on an impending RCMP raid + with @Red_Stringer_NC about why armed antifascists were out on the streets of #Richmond to draw an anti-racist line. https://t.co/m0pQyIJKUA pic.twitter.com/UEFoxhYNrD
— It's Going Down (@IGD_News) January 27, 2020
Our podcast also brought our listeners a collection of hard hitting discussions, from the drive to war with Iran, rising far-Right Hindu Nationalism in India, the ongoing impeachment crisis, to interviews with people across so-called North America involved in grassroots organizing. If you missed any of our exclusive content, here’s a chance to catch up!
Help Us Reach Our Goal This Spring!
For IGD to continue to grow, we need more people to sign up to become monthly supporters. For as low as $2 a month, we can help ensure that we will be around for the long haul. We’re looking to gain 25 new subscribers by the end of March 2020. Help us reach out goal!
- Noise Demos Across So-Called North America: More than 25 cities across the so-called US and Canada take part in New Year’s Eve noise demonstrations outside of jails, juvenile detention centers, prisons, and migrant prison camps.
- Marches, Occupations and Sabotage Respond to RCMP Threats of Eviction: The struggle in solidarity with the Wet’suwet’en against the RCMP and Coastal GasLink heats up. This roundup chronicles ongoing resistance.
- Durham Public Housing Tenants Get Organized: Report on growing public housing struggle against horrific conditions in Durham, North Carolina.
- Moms 4 Housing Evicted In Massive Raid by Militarized Police: Report on eviction of occupied home in West Oakland after hundreds mobilized to defend it the night before.
- Trapped Between Borders: Report on the situation faced by migrants on the Southern Mexican border and how clashes are continuing with National Guard troops.
- Mass Sheriff’s Raid Evicts Families Occupying Apartment Complex: Report from Palm Beach, Florida details raid against tenant leaders by law enforcement. Latest in ongoing battle against slumlords, as tenants battle raw sewage, leaking pipes, and black mold.
- Stop the Sweeps Fights Back Against Anti-Homeless CEO in Austin: Report from Austin, Texas, on autonomous community group pushing back against homeless sweeps in a gentrifying city.
- #WetsuwetenStrong: Solidarity, Sabotage, and Shutting It Down: Another roundup of actions in solidarity with the fight for Wet’suwet’en sovereignty.
- Antifascist Reflections from the Streets of Richmond, Virginia: A collection of reflections from a group of armed and unarmed antifascists who attended the massive pro-gun rally in Richmond, Virginia.
- Atlanta Police & Management at Complex Owned by Billionaire Trump Supporter Tries to Shut Down Free Grocery Program: An autonomous free community grocery program fights to stay one step ahead of management and the police.
- Decolonize This Place on J31 and Beyond: “People Are Becoming Ungovernable”: An interview with Decolonize This Place, organizers of the #FTP3 actions in New York on #J31.
- IGD 2019 in Review: Our look back at 2019, from uprisings in Puerto Rico to anti-ICE battles in the US.
- With Neither Tyrants Nor Fascists: An Anarchist Analysis of the Growing Fight Against Anti-Gun Legislation in Virginia: An anarchist analysis of a push by Democrats to pass a series of anti-gun laws.
- When Flood Waters Run Dry: Hurricane Harvey, Climate Change & Social Reproduction: Analysis on autonomous disaster relief in Texas following Hurricane Harvey.
- Prison Break: Monthly roundup of political prisoner news.
- This Week in Fascism: A look at why fascism will never be ‘Anti-War.’
- Getting Organized: Your guide for how to speak with the corporate media – if you must.
In-Depth Podcast Discussions
- Black Socialists of America: We speak with BSoA on building dual power, elections, and Trump.
- This Is America #102: Abolitionist Organizing in Mississippi and Anarchist Critique of Trump’s Drive to War
- ‘The Animal People,’ the SHAC 7 and Learning From Repression: We speak with two of the SHAC 7, a group of animal liberationists who were targeted by the State for their involvement in above ground organizing efforts against an animal testing firm. The SHAC 7 is the center of the new documentary film, The Animal People.
- This Is America #103: Antifascist Report from Virginia; Impeachment Analysis: We discuss antifascist interventions in the Richmond, Virginia pro-gun rally.
- Anti-Colonial Anarchist Analysis of the Rise of far-Right Hindu Nationalism: Discussion on growing far-Right Hindu nationalism and the movements rising up to combat it.
- This Is America #104: Report from Wet’suwet’en Front Lines: We speak with a Wet’suwet’en chief on the impending RCMP raid.
266 total views, 6 views today